Save $500, Get $500
Prepare now — for homeownership tomorrow
Save $500 or more over a six month period on our platform, and you may be eligible for an additional $500 credit towards the financing of your new home.*
Reach your goal, and MoveIn!
Now, it's your turn to take even more control. After you've reached your savings goal, we'll connect you with one of our trusted lenders. From there, you can select one that is best suited for you.SIGN UP
We're in your corner
Purchasing a new home is a big deal. We want to help you reach this major milestone. As a member of the EarnUp family, we're your advocate. Contact us to update your payment schedule, modify your goal, or to learn more about our home buying readiness program. We can be reached at 888-688-0250 or MoveIn@earnup.com.
Do you have more questions? Check out our FAQs
- I am eligible to start saving, how do I know if I will be eligiblefor a credit at closing (the matching funds) on my mortgage?
- Make deposits from your bank account towards your savings of at least $500.
- Make savings deposits for at least six months but for no more than ten years.
- Close on a mortgage with an eligible lender after your savings period is done
- The mortgaged property must be in the United States. You must meet each of the above requirements to be eligiblefor a credit of $500 towards financing of a new home
- Please see the Terms and Conditions, section 7 for full details.
- What is the difference between the MoveIn Program versus a regular savings account?
- Our platform automates your savings by debiting from your bank account when you get paid. Once you've met the $500 savings goal, external parties provide the $500 closing credit plus your $500 savings amount for the total of $1,000, if you are eligible (see FAQ 1 above). We created this program to help people save for a new home and potentially benefit from a credit at closing to make those savings go farther. Please note: Most regular savings accounts accrue interest based on the duration and amount of funds held in the account. This program does not.
- I'm having trouble connecting my bank account, can you help?
- If you're having issues using Plaid to connect your bank account you can call our customer service number (888) 688-0250 and mention you are a MoveIn Customer. Our Customer Happiness Team can input your bank info manually if you are a new customer.
- When my withdrawals are made, where are those funds deposited?
- EarnUp makes it easier to save by automatically deducting a set amount every pay period from your bank account into an FDIC-insured bank account. Funds are held by EarnUp's banking partners, Members FDIC. These funds are held in a custodial account, for your benefit. Account insurance coverage is subject to FDIC rules and limitations.
- If I need to withdraw the funds I saved, how do I do so?
- You may request to withdraw funds at any time. If you choose to withdraw money, funds will be returned to your designated bank account. Withdrawing funds may impact your eligibility for credit at closing if you fall below the $500 minimum savings amount (see FAQ #1 above).
- I want to go through my own bank to finance a house. Can I still save with your MoveIn Program and receive the credit at closing with my bank as the lender?
- The credit at closing will only be available if you use one of EarnUp’s preferred lenders to finance a home (see FAQ #1 above). You’re welcome to begin saving on the MoveIn platform now. Once you’ve reached your savings goal of at least $500 over a minimum of 6 months, a list of preferred lenders will be presented to you. In the event you decide not to proceed with one of these preferred lenders, EarnUp will return your savings to you.
- What happens to my account once I’ve saved for the required time and amount?
- Once you’ve reached your goal the following happens:
- EarnUp will provide you with a list of qualified lenders.
- If your mortgage is approved, funds will be provided as a closing credit back to you.
- You can put your loan payment on your new home on our Automated Payment Platform where you are able to automate your payments and potentially pay down your debt faster.*
- Alternatively, if you do not close on a mortgage with one of our qualified lenders, you can continue saving or you can close your account and we will return your funds.
- How long do I have to save with MoveIn to get the closing credit towards my new home?
- MoveIn’s program length starts at a minimum of 6 months saving and extends to 10 years. Please see FAQ #1 above.
- Do I have to wait 6 months before getting a mortgage or can I take out a mortgage early and still receive the credit?
- With our MoveIn program, you must save for at least 6 months before you can receive the credit at closing with one of our preferred lenders. If you take out a mortgage before this time, you will not be eligible for this credit.
- What banks are considered eligible lenders for me to receive the $500 credit?
- Once you’ve reached your savings goal, a list of preferred lenders will be presented to you. In the event you decide not to proceed with one of these preferred lenders, EarnUp will return your savings to you.
- How can I cancel my account?
- At EarnUp your experience is very important to us and we’d like to know how we can improve or if there’s anything we can do to support you. If you need assistance canceling your account please call our Customer Happiness Team at (888) 688-0250 . You can reactivate your account by contacting us by phone or you can suspend your account if you need to temporarily pause the withdrawals.
*Term reduction is based on the expectation that additional payments will be made towards the principal over the full life of the loan. Customers must opt into accelerated payments in order to expedite paying off their loans.
Copyright © 2020 EarnUp. All Rights Reserved.
*EarnUp is not a lender and this is not an offer of credit. EarnUp is a technology platform designed to help you achieve your savings goals.
EarnUp reserves the right to change program eligibility criteria, promotional offers, and requirements at any time, at EarnUp's sole discretion. The current program criteria, eligibility requirements, and promotional offers are outlined below.
The minimum savings requirements for the program are $500 over at least six months. The maximum match is $500.
Matching funds will not be provided until or after the time of loan origination.
Only certain lenders and lending products will be eligible for a match, and we reserve the right to change those lenders and products at any time.
EarnUp is not a licensed real estate broker or financial advisor. Please consult a real estate professional to understand if home ownership is a good fit for you.
***Funds are held by EarnUp's banking partners, Members FDIC. These funds are held in a custodial account, for your benefit. Account insurance coverage is subject to FDIC rules and limitations.